Master of Science in Environmental and Sustainability Policy
The following criteria are applied when considering an applicant for admission to the program:
- An undergraduate degree in earth sciences (e.g. physical geography, geology, meteorology), social sciences (e.g. economics, policy sciences), engineering (e.g. environmental, chemical) or another related discipline
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 and at least 3.5 in major field (on a scale of 4.0)
- A minimum of one semester of statistics at the undergraduate level; an advanced statistics course at the undergraduate level is highly desirable
- A combined GRE score (verbal and quantitative) of at least 1100
The following materials must be submitted in order to be considered for admission:
- Application for Admission to Graduate Study
- Environmental and Sustainability Supplemental Form for admission
- Official transcripts of all prior work and certificate of graduation
- Personal statement (two to three pages)
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- International students are required to pass the TOEFL at 575 or above.
An Application for Admission to Graduate Study and the Environmental and Sustainability Policy Supplemental application form for admission can be obtained from:
Office of University Admissions
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Newark, New Jersey 07012-1982
Phone: (973) 596-3461
The graduate program encourages applications to be made electronically via the graduate admissions webpage.
For those students that begin the application process electronically, the supplemental materials required for the Environmental & Sustainability Policy program may be mailed directly to the program.
Applications for Fall admission should be received no later than January 15 for applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid, April 1st for International applicants. and June 5 for all others; applications for Spring admission should be received no later than 15 October. All supporting documents outlined above must be received by these dates. Please use the Office of Graduate Admissions website for submission of all application materials.
Information on the cost of tuition and fees can be found in the graduate catalog under Tuition and Fees.
For more information on admission to the program contact:
Graduate Program in Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Chemistry & Environmental Science department
Newark, New Jersey 07012