Dept: Chemistry and Environmental Science
Room: 365, Tiernan Hall
PhD, Seton Hall University
- Synthesis and Design of novel ionic liquids.
- Metal and Bio-catalysis in Ionic Liquids.
- Organic Synthesis
- Asymmetric Catalysis
- Functionalization of nanotubes and nanoparticles.
- Chemical and Bio-sensors.
- Title: "New Methodologies in Asymmetric Catalysis", May 2004, Publisher: Oxford University Press, New York
- Title "Organic Synthesis in Ionic Liquids.” (Spring 2006) Publisher: Oxford University Press, New York .
Xiao, Y.; Malhotra, S. V. “Friedel-Crafts acylation reactions in pyridinium based ionic liquids” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry 690, 2005, 3609.
Zhang, C.; Malhotra, S.V. “Increased paraoxon detection with ionic liquids using acetylcholinesterase inactivation' Talanta 67 (3), 2005, 560.
Malhotra, S. V.; Zhao H. “Enantioseparation of the esters of alpha-amino acids by lipases in ionic liquids”, Chirality 2005, 17 (1) S240-2.
Wang, Y.; Iqbal, Z.; Malhotra, S. V.; “Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes with Amines and Enzymes”, Chemical Physics Letters. 402, 2005, 96.
Xiao, Y.; Malhotra, S.V. “Diels-Alder reactions in pyridinium based ionic liquids”, Tetrahedron Letters 45(45), 2004, 8339.
Malhotra, S.V. “Diisopinocampheylamine Lithium Amide a Highly Effective Chiral Auxiliary in the Catalytic Enantioselective Deprotonation of meso-Epoxides” Terahedron: Asymmetry, 2003, 14 (6), 645.
Zhao, H; Malhotra, S.V. "Applications of Ionic Liquids in Organic Synthesis", Aldrichimica Acta, 35, 2002, 75.